Friday 17 August 2012

New Card

Hi All

I thought I would post a picture of the second card I have ever made (you can see the first one in an earlier post). It is for my boyfriend's sister so I hope she likes it lol.

The background paper is from the "Latte" mat stack by DCWV and "Once Upon a Time" mat stack also by DCWV. All the flowers and other embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts (love that online store!) I altered all the colours of the flowers as they all started off as either white or cream and one was a reddish colour. I used gold acrylic paint for the large rose, small rose (which was the reddish one) and the small carnations. I used "Haunted Shadows" glimmer mist by Tattered Angels on the two medium roses and used gold acrylic paint for the accents. I then did a mixture of purple, pink and silver acrylic paint for the other two carnations and accented them with the gold as well. The metal butterfly was a coppery colour but I rubbed the same gold paint over it to match in with the colour scheme.

I hope you like it.

Vicki x


1 comment:

  1. Caroline from FB again....
    Wowzer!! The colours & layout here are incredible & those flowers??? Stunning. Hope you are sharing your talent elsewhere?? :)

    ReplyDelete